We are thrilled to announce that our CEO, Tetiana George, has been recognized as one of the Women Leaders in Insurance | Elite Women 2023. This prestigious award, presented by the 2023 IB Elite Women, celebrates the top women leaders in the Australian insurance industry, acknowledging Tetiana’s well-deserved recognition from industry experts and peers.
With over 16 years of experience working with leading global insurers in 20+ countries, Tetiana has gained expertise in insurance operations and the transformative impact of technology on customer experience. Founding Curium, a game-changing insurtech platform, Tetiana addressed the need for affordable, flexible claims and compliance software, revolutionizing data utilization and bringing transparency, ease, and affordability to the process.
Elite Women in Insurance Award and IB’s Survey
The Elite Women in Insurance Award celebrates women leaders in the insurance industry, acknowledging their outstanding contributions and achievements. The recognition aligns well with IB’s survey, which explored the attributes that make women influential in the insurance sector. Let’s delve into some key insights from the survey:
The survey highlighted key features that contribute to a woman’s influence:
- Excellent Skills and Accomplishments: Top-performing women achieve significant milestones, driving organizational success.
- Relationship Management: Effective connections with colleagues, clients, and partners are vital traits.
- High Emotional Intelligence: Handling complex situations and fostering teamwork through emotional intelligence.
- Inspirational Leadership: Empowering other women to reach their potential and contribute to the industry.
The survey also shed light on challenges faced by women in insurance:
- Lack of Senior Leadership Mentoring: A need for more mentoring hinders career advancement.
- Gender Pay Gap: Concerns over equal recognition and remuneration.
- Quantitative Disadvantage: An imbalance of women in leadership roles persists.
- Stereotyping and Unconscious Bias: Impact on opportunities and growth for women.
- Absence of Maternity Leave: Balancing career and work-life becomes challenging.
Recognizing top-performing women offers numerous benefits:
- Encouraging Self-Promotion: Fostering a culture of celebration and inspiration.
- Inspiring Others: Inspiring other aspiring professionals in the industry.
- Attracting Young Talent: Ensuring a diverse and dynamic workforce.
- Addressing Gender Imbalance: Promoting equality in leadership positions.
- Promoting Equality and Fair Pay: Driving greater equality and fair pay.
Promotion based on merit, not gender, is emphasized, emphasizing competency, work ethic, and ambition as the criteria.
In conclusion, the Elite Women in Insurance Award celebrates the remarkable achievements and contributions of women leaders in the industry. Tetiana George’s recognition exemplifies visionary leadership and dedication. Acknowledging top-performing women fosters empowerment, diversity, and equality, shaping a vibrant and progressive insurance industry for the future.